Thursday, February 23, 2006

Physics 20 Reading List #9

The last assignment! I hope you all have learned a lot in this class and had fun programming and doing interesting physics problems. And I hope you will be back next term for Physics 21!

Don't forget to turn in your course evaluations: in the past, this lab has benefitted greatly from feedback from your peers. I also welcome direct feedback about the assignments or anything else. Just email me (my email is on the web site).

Your first reading assignment for this week is about numerical root-finding methods: Secs. 9.0, 9.1, 9.2 (to p. 357 only), and 9.4 of Numerical Recipes.

To read about thegolden ratio, see the MathWorld entry by Eric Weisstein. In fact, you'll probably find more on the web than you'll ever want to know about the golden ratio and the related Fibonacci numbers, which seem to be a favorite subject for term papers in high school. (By the way, the standard aspect ratio for Mathematica plots is the golden ratio...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home